Project: Manhattan Beach Library County of Los Angeles
Architect: Harley Ellis Devereaux
General Contractor: CW Driver
Concrete Polish Contractor: Mark Beamish Waterproofing
Polish Concrete Chemicals Manufacture: Prosoco
Match Patch Pro Description:
- A high performance blend of reactive resins, blended early strength cements and specialty sands that achieve a Mohs Hardness of 6+ in a one hour cure time for polish. The Hybrid system is comprised of a part A, B, C.
- The Los Angeles County engineers found a structural defect for the second floor after Library was 95% complete. Building was exhibiting excess flexural movement. The corrective action was to adjoin cross laying steel structural members at the outside edges of the second floor beneath the poured in place concrete. Repairs consisted of 30-6” cores exposing the steel members then welding steel pipe at the intersections. Repairs were then structurally grouted with Atlas-Tech Grout. The main concern for the owner was the fact that the areas repaired fell within the Polished Concrete floor and aesthetics along with method for patching the holes had not been clarified.
- Dave Moore offered as a donation, his newly invented “Match Patch Pro” system that he insures will meet the performance and aesthetic expectations for the customers repair areas.
- After reviewing submitted data, architect approves.
- Mark Beamish Waterproofing installs Atlas Tech-Grout to the 30-6” core holes leaving 3/8” below polished concrete surface for MPP Cap; then installs MPP for repairs.